To be able to process LCs alone is insufficient for an executive to handle their financing requirements. The party concerned must also know:
The various Trade Financing products available from commercial banks,
- The type and quantum to apply for, and
- The Risks and Pitfalls to avoid.
- To equip participants with a comprehensive knowledge of traditional Trade Financing products.
- To equip participants with skills to identify risky or fraudulent transactions and avoid them.
- To impart the knowledge of relevant ICC Rules (UCP600, ISBP and Incoterms)
- Concept of Trade Financing.
- Quantum of financing requirements.
- Tenor of financing requirements
- Amount of additional facility required to finance credit sales.
- Amount of (guarantee) facility required to ensure continuous supply of raw materials.
- How long (tenor) should transactions be financed.
- Settling Trade Bills – Trade financing products:
- Bankers Acceptances,
- Trust Receipts,
- Foreign Currency Trust Receipts,
- Invoicing Financing,
- Export Credit Re-financing.
- Various Bank Guarantees.
- Exercise on how to structure your financing requirements.
- Alternatives to Bank Financing.
- Dangers in obtaining inappropriate amount/s of financing.
Remote online learning – virtual classroom
Appendices related to ICC Rules are included.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for the Entrepreneurs; Managers and Trade; Marketing, Audit and other Executives who require knowledge of Bank Letters of Credit operations, ICC rules relating to LCs and Shipping documents and International Trade Financing products.