There are thousands of Malaysian MSMEs which are already manufacturing products or providing services for the domestic market, but have not ventured into the export market.
These MSMEs are also not sure whether their products or services are exportable (export ready) or have limited capacity to venture into the export market.
There are more than 50,000 SMEs manufacturers in Malaysia of which only 20% are exporting. This figure does not include SME services providers and the Micro enterprises that are also involved in manufacturing or services. If you have an exportable product or service but do not have the capacity, you can still EXPORT.
In this programme, you will learn how to develop a successful export strategy, select the right markets and products, comply with regulations and paperwork, market your products effectively, handle shipping and logistics, set pricing and payment terms, and provide excellent customer service.
Whether you are a small business owner looking to expand globally or a seasoned professional seeking to enhance your export skills, this course is for you.
Kuala Lumpur – 23 January 2024, Tues, 9.00am to 5.00pm, Concorde Hotel
Penang – 30 January 2024, Tues, 9.00am to 5.00pm, Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya
The main objective here is to provide you with the knowledge and skills on how to venture into the Export Market amidst all the limitations and challenges.
- Micro, Small and Medium enterprises which are in the manufacturing or services sectors and wish to export their products or services.
- Entrepreneurs or start-ups who wish to export products or services of other Malaysian companies.
- Export managers or executives who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in export management
- Students and graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in international trade or export management
- Sales and marketing professionals who want to learn about export opportunities and marketing strategies
WHAT WILL BE LEARN?
- Why should you export?
- Are you export-ready?
- How and Why do you set up an Export Team or Department?
- How do you do a SWOT Analysis of your Products or Services?
- How to adapt your products or services to meet global requirements?
- How do you select your target markets and identify potential buyers?
- How could Malaysian government officials support you in your export business?
- What Grants/Incentives does the government provide for Export promotion?
- How do you prepare an Export Business Plan?
- What type of Market Entry Strategies that you should adopt?
- How to use Cross Border Ecommerce for Export Marketing?
- What are the most effective marketing and promotional tools for your products or services?
- How do you manage Export Transactions?
- How do you appoint Overseas Agents?
- How to use free trade agreements to enhance your export business?
- What are the global issues that may have a bearing on your export business?
Prof. Dr. Abdul Kabur Ibrahim is the Chairman of the Malaysia Institute of Export and International Trade and the President of the Malaysian Exporters Association. After his graduation from the University of Malaya, he joined the Ministry of International Trade and Industry as a PTD officer and assumed various positions including the Malaysian Trade Commissioner in Belgium and South Africa. While in South Africa, he left the government and opened a consultancy in Johannesburg assisting foreign companies to export, import, and invest in selected African countries.
After his return to Malaysia during the Asian crisis in 2000, he continued his activities in Africa from Malaysia. Under the Malaysian Exporters Association, he has organized and led a few Trade Missions to more than 15 countries included most ASEAN countries, South Korea, Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Madagascar, Ivory Coast, and Senegal. He also set up the Malaysian Export Academy in 2007 which specialises on Export Training, Coaching and Consultancy. To date the academy has trained more than 4,000 trainees on export management and other export related fields.
He has also been a consultant to many exporting companies not only in Malaysia but also in some neighboring countries. Recently he has developed a trade platform under gtrade21.com with more than 45 Gtrade Commissioners from 40 over countries. He has currently launched the gtrademalaysia.com and jomexport.com platforms to assist Malaysian companies in venturing into the export business.
For more than 40 years, he has been involved in International Trade in various fields including export promotion, exporting and importing, training and coaching, e-commerce, and social media marketing. In addition, he has organized, participated, and spoken in many national and international forums on International Trade subjects and is also the author of the book “Going International” for Malaysian SMEs.
RM 690.00 per person
(Fee inclusive of lunch, tea breaks, notes, certificate of attendance, and 6% SST)
To register, please click https://forms.gle/B4PTTibsjmrweoy99
For HRDC-registered companies, we will advise you on the procedures after receiving your registration.
For any inquiries, please WhatsApp to Ms. Fara at 011 3736 5983 or 018 9768520 OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You could also call 03 8066 3107 Cik Shazana or Cik Ashwini