People differ in their abilities and their aptitudes. There is always some difference between the Quality and Quantity of work in the same job being done by two different people.
Competencies are performance enablers; they are a set of abilities, personality traits or characteristics required for a higher degree of performance.
It takes into account the factors and elements that distinguish the Superior Performance from Average ones
When Competency is Determined & Defined Clearly – Performance Appraisal will be Meaningful & Value Added. This will assist in Developing Staff, Identifying Potentials, Expanding, Upgrading Roles and Requirements needed to perform each Job Satisfactorily and move the Organization Forward.
- Performance Appraisal Objectives & Relevance to Individuals / Organization
- Aspects to Focus in Appraising Employees
- Determine the Errors in Evaluating Employees
- Understand the Errors in Rating
- Understand Competencies relevance in Performance Evaluation
- Craft the appropriate Organization / Job Level Competencies
- Determine appropriate Rating Scale for Competencies
- Determine appropriate Definition for Competencies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Head of Department, Senior Managers, Managers, Asst. Managers, Team Leaders and anyone who is leading a team.
An interactive and practical approach incorporating group discussions/exercises, brainstorming and feedback.
- Good Internet / wifi connectivity
- PC / Laptop with good audio/visual
- Virtual platform – ZOOM
Module 1: Performance Appraisal Objectives
Module 2: WHAT to Appraise?
Module 3: Common Errors
Module 4: How to Appraise?
Module 5: Organisational Competencies
Module 6: Job Level Competencies