This programme which has been developed and conducted by Dr. Leroy Lowe, a Canadian specialist in Export and International Trade and is associated with the Forum for International Trade Training of Canada and a distinguished Fellow of NASBITE International, a USA-based trade education association.
You can select any of the following course or courses that you would be interested:
- How to Penetrate New Markets with More Effective International Sales
- Export Pricing as a Key Driver of Export Sales
- Brand Localization for Export Success
- Using Sales Agents to Expand into International Markets
If you complete all the above 4 courses, then you are qualified for the Professional Certificate in Export Management by the Genovasi University College, Malaysia.
OBJECTIVES AND LEARNING OUTCOME
This programme aims to
- Provide specific knowledge on issues that are essential for doing International Business.
- Develop a quick understanding of new target markets and be more successful in generating sales in those markets.
- Negotiate the best payment terms for international sales transactions and understand how to mitigate currency risks
- Choose, forge partnerships, and manage sales agents in new target markets
- Adapt marketing strategies for each new target market
- able to respond to export sales opportunities with pricing that is tailored to each new market
This is a hands-on workshop that will involve some lectures, case study scenarios, problem-solving and discussion
14 Nov 2023, Tuesday
How to Penetrate New Markets with More Effective International Sales
- Developing a Complete Market Picture
- Market Intelligence
- Consultative Selling
- Cultural Adaptation
- Building Trust-Based Partnerships
- Crafting Compelling Value Propositions
- Download Brochure
15 Nov 2023, Wednesday
Export Pricing as a Key Driver of Export Sales
- Market-Based Pricing Principles.
- Value Proposition Alignment
- Dynamic Pricing
- Export Costing Worksheets.
- Marginal Cost Approach
- Download Brochure
16 Nov 2023, Thursday
Brand Localization for Export Success
- Cultural Sensitivity in Branding
- Localization vs. Translation
- Audience Segmentation and Analysis
- Strategic Market Adjustments
- Multilingual Content Creation
- Social Media and Digital Localization
- Adapting Visual Branding
- Local Partnerships and Influencer Collaboration
- Crisis Management and Cultural Considerations.
- Download Brochure
17 Nov 2023, Friday
Using Sales Agents to Expand into International Markets
- Understand the Role of Sales Agents
- Agent Selection
- Contract Negotiation
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Performance Tracking
- Overcoming Challenges
- Download Brochure
Dr. Leroy Lowe – Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) and a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP)
Dr. Leroy Lowe is a former Aerospace Engineering Officer and Project Manager who began his career in the Canadian Air Force. He then worked for Sparton of Canada as Director of Business Development where he recruited and managed a diverse network of agents, distributors, and strategic alliance partners in over 20 countries.
He has extensive experience working with Trade Commissioners in many countries and for the past 25 years, he has been a full-time faculty member in International Business at the Nova Scotia Community College and an active international business development consultant. In those roles, he has helped many small-to-medium-sized businesses (in many sectors) with all aspects of exporting. He has also conducted various training for companies and trade specialists at World Trade Centers in multiple cities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Cyprus, and Indonesia.
He is a Senior Consultant in Trade Education, for the Forum for International Trade Training in Canada, which is a Canadian association that is focused on international trade training. He is a past president and Distinguished Fellow of NASBITE International, a USA-based trade education association.
Dr Lowe has a Bachelor of Science degree, a Diploma in Engineering, a Master’s Degree in Adult Education, an MBA, and a PhD. He is also a Certified International Trade Professional (CITP), a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP), and an International Chamber of Commerce Certified Trainer of Incoterms2020. He is also the founding President of two NGOs that have spearheaded projects involving cancer and neuroscience researchers in 31 countries.
Professor Dr Abdul Kabur Ibrahim: He graduated from the University of Malaya in 1977 and was appointed to the Malaysian Administrative and Diplomatic Service. He has served as the Malaysian Trade Commissioner in Belgium for 9 years and thereafter was transferred to South Africa as the Malaysian Trade Commissioner in 1992 to establish diplomatic relations and to set up the Malaysian Trade Office in Johannesburg. His main task was to promote Malaysian products and services in all the countries within the coverage.
He retired from the government while in South Africa and continued as a Consultant for a number of public listed and private companies covering the whole of Africa and Latin America. He was responsible for assisting them in their investments and also finding overseas markets for their products and services.
After returning to Malaysia he started his own company under the name Malaysian Export Academy. Dr. Abdul Kabur Ibrahim also sits in the Board of some Malaysian and UK incorporated companies and is a Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Business Administration.
He is also the President of the Malaysian Exporters Association and the Malaysian Training Providers Association; Chairman of the Foundation of Malaysian Institute of Export, Chairman of the Malaysia Madagascar Business Council and Chairman of Malaysia Iraq Business Council.
The fee will be RM 1,200.00 per pax per course/day which will include
- Training Notes
- Lunch and 2 Tea Breaks per day at Dorsett Subang
- Certificate of Completion will be given for each course attended
- SST 6%
If you attend all four classes, the fee will be RM 4,000.00 per pax for all four courses. Professional Certificate in Export Management from Genovasi University College, Malaysia will be given upon completion of the courses.
For trainees from HRDC-registered employers, the fees will be collected directly from HRDC. We will also guide you on the submission process.
If you are interested in joining this Programme, please register at https://forms.gle/XXrqDJpGrxyigrCr9 and select the course that you would like to attend.
If you attend all 4 days Global Export Development Masterclass, you will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Export Management from Genovasi University College, Malaysia and a Certificate for each course attended.
Local – Click Here to Download
International – Click Here to Download