The Companies Act 2016 was gazetted on 15 September 2016, formulated with the objective of increasing the ease of doing business in Malaysia, reducing the cost of compliance and improving corporate governance and internal control of companies.
Compared to the Companies Act 1965 (CA 1965), certain provisions were deemed obsolete due to economic developments, corporate sector expansion and globalization, have been deleted and more conducive and dynamic environment for corporate affairs in Malaysia under the CA 2016, have been incorporated.
This one day course will highlight the main changes under the CA 2016, from the formation and administration process, internal control and corporate governance, as well as the accounting and finance perspectives.
This course aims to provide:
- insights to the main changes under the CA 2016
- implication of the changes
- importance or relevance of the changes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Directors, Shareholders, Chief Executive Officers, Legal & Advisory Consultants, Accountants & Auditors, Company Secretaries, Accounting personnel involved in the preparation of a full set of accounts
Power-point presentation and Interactive sessions
- WHY Changes?
- Formation and Administration
- Par Value
- Simplified Capital Reduction and Share Buy-Back Procedures
- Financial Assistance
- Audited Financial Statements
- Corporate Rescue Mechanism
- Auditors and Company Secretaries
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION