Businesses are seeing a consistent increase in pressure from investors, employees, customers, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and numerous other stakeholders to increase transparency on sustainable and socially responsible practices, articulated through Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting. Your business, like every other business, is deeply inter-twined with ESG concerns. In today’s ever-evolving world, debating whether to incorporate sustainability into your business strategy is no longer an option. Considering a values-driven approach when developing business strategies can be vital to long-term success. It makes sense, therefore, that a strong ESG proposition from your company can create value in meeting the current trends and requirements of ESG reporting. Given this understanding, there is an immediate need for companies to introduce the concepts of sustainability to its stakeholders particularly its management and staff to meet the needs of the global trends in ESG compliance. It is also pertinent to accept that ESG and Sustainability extends beyond your business establishment where the society you operate in, your local government, your supply chain just to name a few.
- Understanding ESG Compliance and the need to address the issue.
- Managing ESG compliance in the local context and international scenarios.
- ESG issues to be addressed.
- Mandatory regulatory and legal framework on ESG compliance.
- Who is responsible for social compliance?
- Financing ESG initiatives
- The risks of non-compliance
- The future of ESG compliance
At the end of the training sessions, participants will leave with knowledge on the concepts of ESG and sustainability. Training will highlight the importance of embracing ESG in their organization and the positive impact and the negative impact of noncompliance it will have on their businesses. The training programme is also designed to assist management to implement ESG initiatives in their organization with the support of all level of staff.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training is best suited for building awareness to businesses especially SME’s who are not already embracing ESG implementation or are struggling with embracing the concept of ESG and how it’s going to affect their future business specially those who are exporting or targeting exports in the future. Target group will be CEO’s, COO’s and Senior Management (C Suite) of SME’s, general staff and other stakeholders including supply chain players. The training can be tailored to suite the different stakeholders and different focus groups.
Lectures, group discussions, practical sessions and presentations by participants.
- Module 1: Introduction to Sustainability and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Compliance
- Module 2: Understanding ESG Compliance Management
- Module 3: Components of ESG Compliance
- Module 4: Regulatory and Mandatory Requirements
- Module 5: Communications & Responsibilities
- Module 6: ESG Financing
- Module 7: Concept of Circular Economy as Enabler of Sustainability
- Module 8: Risk Assessments and Mitigation of risks related to implementation and non-implementation of ESG Compliance
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION